Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Sssso tired...

So, I know the MOST irritating noise that is legal to make at 3AM. Car horns.

I live on the SEVENTH FLOOR. My windows are closed. And yet when a yahoo starts honking, it WAKES ME UP. It actually DROWNS OUT my music. .|..

He continued honking for about half an hour. When he stopped, I was so curious I crawled painfully to the window to look out. Lo and behold, the police had come and were scolding him. He didn't honk any more.

What kind of ENDURANCE such a man must have, the MENTAL FORTITUDE and ZEN-LIKE CONCENTRATION to continually honk his horn in new and interesting patterns for half an hour?

I challenge you to come up with another, legal noise that is worse.

I know one. Darius knows it, too. But this was TERRIBLE.

2 comments:

Darius Kazemi said...

Which sound? I'm thinking of my OFDM signal from my lab...

Craig Perko said...

I'm thinking of construction noises. At 11:30. For hours.