Thursday, May 11, 2006

Are you surprised?

The Government is watching you. Are you surprised?

I talked to an astounding number of people about this over the past five years. Many of them said, "They're just tracking suspects! If you're a normal person..."

I always called bullshit, and now it turns out I've been right.

This doesn't affect me any directly - my phone calls are completely innocuous and, frankly, I have nothing to hide. However, I don't trust them to stop with phone calls, just as I didn't trust them to stop with suspicious people's phone calls. I don't trust them to stop at monitoring, I don't trust them to stop at records, and I don't trust them to limit themselves to phones.

If my vote mattered (and don't argue with me on this: it doesn't) I would vote for whoever ran on an "anti-security" platform for president.

No comments: