Friday, May 06, 2005

Omega 3... Fatty Acids!

In case you haven't been keeping up to date with recent health studies, evidence is REALLY MOUNTING that Omega 3 fatty acids (found in fish, nuts, seeds, and leafy greenies) are REALLY, REALLY important.

Evidently, a lack of them causes such problems as certain forms of dyslexia, blood pressure problems, and poor impulse control (along with about fifty other, closely related issues). On the plus side, eating MORE of them evidently FIXES the problem, so it's never too late to learn to control your impulses.

You know, I think I'm going to up my fish intake. The evidence is really getting overwhelming. Since it's so hard to get fish in Seattle (I have no idea WHY, but it IS), I may actually get some suppliments once my current vitamins run dry. Or rather, run out, because they're already just about as dry as you can get.

Here's an article suited for light reading. It is slanted and totally disregards the effects of Omega-3s on the circulatory system, but the brain-related data is there. I don't think it's gonna be free for long, so browse it quick!

If, like me, you prefer it thick with scientific aphorisms, here's the link for you.

Normally, I don't jump on this kind of bandwagon, but that's a pretty heavy pile of evidence.

No comments: