Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A Game Design!

Well, I spent most of last night pounding out the "To The Future!" game design.

It looks doable.

More than that, it actually looks EASY.

The game is essentially a text game - not as in "interactive fiction", but as in "the graphical user interface is really just buttons". There's no need for a slick 3D interface, no need for wonderful maps. The core play loop is totally independent of graphics. That's good, because graphics are the hard part.

I'll certainly add graphics, but it's nice to be able to make a simple version without graphics first. Oh, if it works, I'll be using the emotion engine I created a few months back to animate the characters. I just need to figure out how to do mouths...

Anyhow, I'll upload a game post summary and link to it sometime today. You can read it and be awed by my brilliance. My brain glows in the dark. People go blind when they look up my nose. Really, it's quite a bother.

No comments: