Wednesday, July 27, 2005

News of the Day

I got a bunch of work done on the graphics thing, but given that I'll be busy tonight and tomorrow, I don't think I'm going to have screen shots available for tomorrow or the next day. Damn! Expect 'em on Monday. Family really screws up your timeline.

I don't usually post links, but today is an interesting day.

Here is a link you should read. The sounds involved are very similar to the old-fashioned dissonance-based "horror" sections of old space movies.

Difference being, these are natural sounds.

The one from Saturn is especially creepy.

On the other side of the spectrum, here is a post linking to an essay.

Please tell me I don't write like that. I'm not interested in sounding intelligent: I'm interested in getting my ideas across. I hate it when someone writes an "educated" paper in fifty pages when it should be written in two.

Lastly, because of the lack of pictures, here is a comic I drew a few months ago. I'm not very fond of it - hence, me not putting it up when I drew it - but I need to post SOMETHING tangible. It was inspired by all those pictures of people camping out and waiting for the new Star Wars movie.

Now, I'm gonna be real busy starting at noon, so you may not hear much from me. ("Thank god! I was having enough trouble keeping up with this crap!" you say...)

No comments: