Friday, June 24, 2005

I need a pit bull.

So, since I moved in, my mailman has been giving me other people's mail. Mail for the previous tenants of my apartment. Mail for my landlord. The real problem is that I check my mail maybe twice a week, so in addition to whatever the re-mailing takes, add on another two days.

I don't really know how this is supposed to work, but my landlord got irritated enough at having his IRS check delayed six days that he told me he "talked to" the mail man.

Yeah, I can tell. NOW the mailman gives me ALL the wrongly addressed mail. Apartment R03? Yeah, stick that in 602. No apartment number? 602. Addressed to Germany? 602.

The worst part is that I'm not allowed to OPEN or THROW AWAY any of this mail. I have to carefully and "immediately" give it to my landlord. Damn you, mailman! You will rue the day you crossed me! This mailbox isn't big enough for the forty-six of us that get mail here!

Rue! Ruuuuuue!

No comments: