Sunday, February 25, 2007

FFXII

Okay, I finally get to play FFXII. I like the gameplay, but I have a question:

Who can tell me why every Final Fantasy game has more boring, generic character design than the previous one? What is this trend towards being boring as hell all about? Anyone? Hmm?

The only thing I can think of is that they want to make their one interesting character design stand out more. In FFIX, it was the black mage. Everyone loves the black mage, because he's the only character that actually has an interesting design. In FFXII, Fran is the only character with an interesting design. Strangely, she's also the most popular - often even among women players.

Still, the game is actually written fairly well, and the voice acting is killer, so I suppose it's forgivable.

No comments: