Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Drifting Towards Mother

Here's a simple question:

When did it become popular to call "Earthbound" by its Japanese title, "Mother"?

I've never heard anyone call it "Mother" seriously before, but ever since the next of the series was spotlighted, nobody calls it "Earthbound". It's "Mother".

My preference is "Earthbound". Not only is it a really solid-sounding name that's fun to say, it doesn't make me think: "RETRIEVE XENOMORPH SPECIMEN. CREW EXPENDABLE."

Earthboundearthboundearthboundearthbound.

That said, I'm really jazzed about Mother 3.

2 comments:

Darius Kazemi said...

Earthbound is by far the better title. But the name of the actual game being made in Japan is Mother 3. If it were released stateside, it would be Earthbound 2. If we keep this distinctions, it's easy to differentiate between releases.

Craig Perko said...

Hm. Yeah, I always forget about version differences. Final Fantasy WHAT?